Work with Us
As a growing agency, Simple Machines is always looking for the best talent.
At Simple Machines you’ll find a team of driven, strategic thinkers dedicated to the success of our clients, a culture that thrives on ideas and initiative, and a transparent management team committed to the growth of each team member.
Take a look at our current job openings; if you don’t see anything that’s a fit, feel free to send us your resume and a cover letter and we’ll let you know if it makes sense to have a conversation.
Marketing Coordinator – Chicago, IL 60613
Simple Machines Marketing is continuing to grow and looking to add to our strategic marketing team. We need an individual to serve as a coordinator for tactical marketing fulfillment and assist strategists in researching, designing and implementing marketing plans. We need someone with an outstanding work ethic, a keen sense of initiative and responsibility, and a desire to take the next challenging step in a successful marketing career. If you’re a strong analytical thinker and searching for an opportunity to make a bigger contribution, this role could be your perfect next step.
Simple Machines Marketing (/) is a small agency of passionate marketing professionals that spend every day solving problems for clients. You will be able to make an immediate impact on the company’s growth by working directly with clients to research, build, and execute comprehensive marketing plans across several industries. You’ll need to be creative in order to maximize ROI within limited budgets, staying on top of the latest marketing trends to keep your quiver of channels and tools diverse and relevant. You will be supported by a management team that believes the best way for Simple Machines to grow is to create a work environment that puts you in the best position to succeed. We are highly focused on ensuring that you feel engaged by your work, are recognized for your accomplishments, and are surrounded with team members that are of the same high quality and character as you.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you if you align with the following:
- Have 1+ years experience in a strategic marketing role
- Be well versed in digital marketing channels such as SEO, PPC Advertising, Targeted Display Advertising, and Social Media
- Demonstrate the use of data to inform recommendations and evaluate results
- Excel in communications, both as a writer and presenter
- Thrive in an environment where communication between team members is exceptionally transparent
This is a full-time position. Our office is located in the Ravenswood neighborhood of Chicago’s Northside. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage with domestic partner option, company-paid Life insurance, 401k with employer match, and paid time off with holiday schedule.
Starting salary is competitive and based largely on the skills, experience, education, or any combination, you currently have. There is a lot of growth potential in both knowledge and compensation for someone who is motivated to put forth the effort to learn and contribute to the team.
We would love to hear your thoughts on what strategic marketing means to you, or how you’ve approached solving marketing problems in the past. Please include a cover letter with your resume that includes a paragraph or two on those subjects. Include salary requirements with your cover letter. All applications will be reviewed. We’re excited to hear from you!
Recruiting Manager, Simple Machines Marketing
Simple Machines Marketing has an opportunity available for someone who wants to take a greater role in designing and executing marketing plans. The Lead Marketing Strategist will serve as the primary consultant for multiple accounts and will be responsible for leveraging team resources to research, build, and execute comprehensive marketing plans across several industries. They will also work with the Strategic Director on day-to-day business initiatives and help lead/mentor junior members of the strategy team. It’s a terrific opportunity to be part of a growing agency and a remarkable staff.
Our ideal candidate profile:
- Eight to ten years in the marketing industry; four to six years in a marketing strategist role
- Able to articulate the difference between marketing strategy, goals and objectives
- Demonstrated capacity to build and execute effective marketing strategies from scratch
- Calm and decisive under pressure
- Thorough and expeditious problem solver
- Well-versed in digital marketing channels
- Expert project management and prioritization skills
- Strong presentation style; able to lead meetings
- Excel in communications as a writer and presenter
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Retain and grow accounts
- Develop and execute marketing strategies, including opportunity analysis, positioning, messaging, tactics and channels
- Lead or collaborate client engagements daily
- Account and project management
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that are changing our clients’ businesses
- Assist with development of junior team members
- Coordination with strategic team
You will be supported by a management team that believes the best way for Simple Machines to grow is to create a work environment that puts you in the best position to succeed. We are highly focused on ensuring that you feel engaged by your work, are recognized for your accomplishments, and are surrounded with team members that are of the same high quality and character as you.
This is a full-time position. Our office is located in the Ravenswood neighborhood of Chicago’s Northside. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage with domestic partner option, company-paid Life insurance, 401k with employer match, paid time off with holiday schedule and paid continuing education opportunities.
Starting salary is competitive and determined by the skills and experience you currently have. There is a lot of growth potential in both knowledge and compensation for someone who proves to be successful in this role.
Include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume. All applications are reviewed! We’re excited to hear from you!